I am a fourth year (2016 - present) PhD Student at the College of Computer and Information Science at Northeastern University. I study Natural Language Processing with David Smith. Previously, I studied Computer Science and Greek and Roman Studies at Rhodes College and conducted Virtual Environment research with Betsy Sanders.
Refereed Conference & Journal Publications
- Ansel MacLaughlin, John Wihbey, Aleszu Bajak, and David A Smith. Source Attribution: Recovering the Press Releases Behind Health Science News. In 14th International AAAI Conference on Web and Social Media (ICWSM’20), 2020
- Ansel MacLaughlin, John Wihbey, and David A Smith. Predicting News Coverage of Scientific Articles. In 12th International AAAI Conference on Web and Social Media (ICWSM’18), 2018
- Preston Tunnell Wilson, William Kalescky, Ansel MacLaughlin, and Betsy Williams. VR locomotion: Walking > Walking in Place > Arm Swinging ACM SIGGRAPH Conference on Virtual-Reality Continuum and Its Applications in Industry, 2016
- Miriam Clinton with Ansel MacLaughlin. House of the Rhyta at Pseira: 3D Crowdsourcing in an Online Virtual Environment. New Directions and Paradigms for the Study of Greek Architecture. Brill, 2020
- Ansel MacLaughlin, John Wihbey, and David A Smith. Modeling the Propagation of Science News. Presented at Text as Data, University of Washington, 2018
- Preston Tunnell Wilson, Ansel MacLaughlin, William Kalescky, and Betsy Williams. Utilizing myo armbands for various locomotion methods. Utilizing myo armbands for various locomotion methods. IEEE Conference on Virtual Reality and 3D User Interfaces, 2016. Research Demo